Deferred Disposition

Once approved by the City of Luling Municipal Court Judge, Deferred Disposition allows for dismissal of an offense if certain requirements are met. Deferred Disposition is non-supervisory probation that the court may grant to have certain offenses dismissed. In most cases, terms of a deferral are at the Judge's discretion. They may include but are not limited to:
  1. Defendant will be required to post a bond and pay court costs. This amount is determined by the Court. You will need to contact the Court at 830-875-2115 to see what must be paid before you decide to request deferred disposition.
  2. Defendant shall not be subsequently convicted of any Class “C” misdemeanor offense of the same nature in any county in the State of Texas during the deferral period regardless of final conviction date.
  3. Pursuant to Article 45.051(b-1) of the Code of Criminal Procedure, the defendant, if under the age of 25, will be ordered to complete a driving safety course approved under Chapter 1001 of the Education Code and by the Texas Education Agency, and present proof of completion before the expiration of the deferral period.
  4. Community service hours as well as other sanctions may be required by the court and noted in the terms of the Deferred Disposition.


If defendant successfully complies with the conditions of the Deferred Disposition, then the case shall be dismissed by the court, and shall not be reported as a conviction. Failure to comply shall cause this case to result in a conviction, payment of a fine, and the conviction will be reported as required by law.

How to Apply for Deferred Disposition

Once the court has received your request in writing by mail, fax, or by using the online form listed below, the court will respond to your request within 48 hours. Requests made on a Friday, or prior to a holiday, will get a response on the next business day. This court’s response will include the exact bond amount and court costs that will be required to be paid, the due date, and any other terms prescribed by the court. 

To request  Deferral Disposition, use the following form: