Food Service Establishments

UPDATE: as of September 1, 2016 all food employees shall successfully complete a food handler training course, accredited by the department, within 60 days of employment.  Also new requirements for Certified Food Protection Manager  that requires a CFM (Certified Food Manager) is on site for each licensed establishment.

Within the City of Luling city limits you are required to have a permit issued by the City to operate a Food Establishment.  These permits are good for the year that they are issued and expire the 31st of December for that calendar year.  In order to obtain a Food Permit an inspection must be completed first with a passing score, the inspection follows the guidelines and rules set forth in the State of Texas Food Establishment Rules by the Texas Department of State Health Services.  It is the responsibility of the Food Establishments owner/s to ensure that all guidelines and rules are followed along with any new updates that have been added as well as to call in to schedule an inspection.  The permit fee is fifty dollars ($50.00) along with proof of approval from the Code Enforcement Officer.

A link to the Texas Department of State Health Services, Texas Food Establishment Rules can be found by clicking here.

A link to the Texas Department of State Health Services, Food Handlers License and Food Protection Manager can be found by clicking here.

Also please read the Grease Interceptors Ordinance that was Adopted August 13th 2015, you can find it below along with a copy of the Grease Trap Compliance Form.

Downloadable Documents