Driving Safety Course
I understand that I must:
- Present to the court a valid Texas Class “C “Driver's license. Those that hold a commercial license are not eligible to have a violation dismissed with a Driving Safety Course or a Deferral.
- Present to the court proof of financial responsibility (Insurance with your name on it).
- Present to the court a certified copy of my driver's record from DPS.
- Take a driving safety course approved by the Texas Education Agency, or if operating a motorcycle, a motorcycle operator's training approved by the Department of Public Safety, within 90 days of this request.
- Present to the court a uniform certificate of driving safety course completion from a Texas Education Agency approved course (or from a DPS motorcycle course) by the 90th day after this request.
- Pay administrative fee/costs to the court :
- If the moving violation was not in a school zone: $109
- If the moving violation was in a school zone: $134
- If I complete a driving safety course within 90 days, the charge against me will be dismissed and the court will report to the Department of Public Safety the completion date of the driving safety course for inclusion on my driving record.
- If I fail to present to this court proof of completion of the driving safety course (original court copy) within 90 days, the court will require my appearance at a show cause hearing.
- If I fail to appear at the show cause hearing, the court will impose the fine and may issue a warrant for my arrest with additional costs.